SELF MAILER POSTAL REGULATIONS
See attachment for the USPS full description of the changes and a decision tree. A self mailer is a folded piece that is letter-sized, isn’t mailed in an envelope and doesn’t have a binding. If it has staples in the fold, it is a defined as a booklet, not a self-mailer, and booklets aren’t affected by these changes.
Now, the new regulations document is extensive. But, the majority of you only need to know the following:
1. The SIZE of Folded Self mailers will now mirror booklet maximums:
Current Maximum size: 6-1/8” x 11-1/2”
Jan 5, 2013 – Maximum size: 6” x 10-1/2”
2. Final folds on the top will no longer be allowed.
3. Self-mailers that now only need one tab on the top will need two.
4. Quarter-fold self-mailers will need to be at least 70# book (=28# bond).
5. No tabs will be allowed on the bottom.